Friday, November 10, 2006

Mom Gets Hip With Blogging

My twenty-three-year-old insisted I have a blog on my web site. Who was I to argue with cheap labor? But what's wrong with the old-fashioned blog? It's called a journal. Case in point: at this juncture of my career, the reading audience for my blog and my cloth-bound journal are identical.
But if my friend and contemporary, Roxy, is hip enough to blog religiously, maybe I can too. And I love the slice of life she dishes every week. Visit roxannehenke.com and see for yourself.
Another friend keeps tabs on her teenagers through their blogs. Now there's a pratical use for blogging--reading blogs anyway. And I've picked up a couple of writing tips from reading an editor's blog. I did a gleeful two-step when I told my son that I figured out how to leave a comment without his help!
So, I'm making friends with blogging. But, for obvious reasons, I think I'll ease my way into it, thank you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home